martedì 9 gennaio 2024

THE RECORD OF THE WEEK: 
CHILDHOOD
(FREE WILLY 2 PROMO)
EPIC/SONY SAMP2774

The record chosen this week is 1 of the 2 promotional cds released for the track "Childhood" in 1995, launched with "Scream" at the same time as 1st single for the album "HIStory past present and future Book I". Both promotional cds are now rare and very hard to find. Here in the picture you can see the "Free willy 2" picture cardsleeve edition. Childhood is, infact, the theme from the "Free Willy 2" movie, with its soundtrack released by MJJ label.
I love this song, because it's the most intimate, the most personal ever written by Michael. "Childhood" is a sort of "big picture" of Michael's essence; just read these lines:
"No one understands me
They view it as such strange eccentricities...
'Cause I keep kidding around
Like a child, but pardon me...
People say I'm not okay
'Cause I love such elementary things...
It's been my fate to compensate,
for the Childhood
I've never known..."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento