martedì 16 agosto 2016

Today's WELCOME TO THE SHOWROOM : 16 (!) BLU-SPEC CDS
BLU-SPEC 16 CD-SET JAPAN EPIC/SONY
FROM SICP 30970 TO SICP 30986

This is the latest package delivered in the Showroom...and even though I wasn't sure to buy this set, now that I got it I can say I'm happy. But let me tell you my impressions.
WHAT'S GOOD :
Once again, Sony Music Japan made a wonderful job, the blue obies looks beautiful, and this lot near the first "red obies" one it's spectacular (but I dind't take a picture of both sets....maybe I'll do it in the future to come).
The catalogue numbers start from SICP 30970 ("The Jacksons" album) to SICP 30986 ("Xscape" cd), and when you put the cd in order the MJ dancing silhouettes are once again a pleasure for your eyes.
WHAT'S BAD :
Michael's discography is incomplete : Sony Japan didn't release, in this set, the "Blood on the dancefloor" album.
Then...I don't trust in the "blu-spec" and in the "SHM CD" cd quality : I tried to listen to one of a kind, and I heard a classic remastered cd. Nothing special. So this is just a Sony marketing plan : they're selling the old catalogue to collectors and fans. A Blu-Spec cd is a kind of Blu-ray audio disc with a quality "never heard before"? No, it isn't. It sounds good, but that's all.
And by the way, I have to say this (once again) : if even a 25 years long hard-collector was - this time - NOT sure to buy a whole set of reissues, they must stop a minute and ask theirselves : "maybe we're going too far this time?". Dear Sony, this is a collector's advice...few words means everything.
Now...the Showroom is glad to present you the whole 16 Blu-spec cd-set from Japan! 






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento